Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

I bought you a card. I bought you some jewels. As cool as those things are, they aren't your "real" gift. This is. From the heart.

Jillian,

Thank you for being you. Not a day passes that I don't think about how lucky I am to have found you. We weren't suppose to be together, I dated your friend in high school and you dated (kind of) my friend. But our paths have crossed in weird ways. We've live in the same neighborhoods in Sandy and in the Roy area. Our families both have roots in the same Idaho area. We didn't see much of each other after high school, but we bumped into each other a few times. Maybe fate was trying to put us together? Then tragedy struck and we lost a good friend.

This pain united us and a love grew. They say you need shit for a flower to grow, and something really bad brought us something very great. There is no doubt in my mind that we were meant for each other and you crossed paths with me one more time when I really needed it.

The love I have for you is like nothing I've known. It's beyond physical, mental, and emotional. You are a part of me and I can't imagine life without you. I am so happy to share this next phase of my life with you, as parents. Now I could ramble about your looks, your humor, your smarts, the cute way you do the things you do, but I would just keep typing forever. So I'll sum it up the best way I can... Jillian, I love you more!

Hope you have a great Valentines Day!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Ok, for today, you win.

I love you!