Friday, February 18, 2011

2/18/11


Only 10 more days in the month of February. I haven't had any fast food at all during this time, and it's been just fine by me. I lost 7 pounds right off the bat, but my weight has plateaued. It's time to ramp up the exercise and diet better.

Being a father is amazing. Lucy is growing so fast and is getting smarter by the day. We have a little game we play where I get right in her face and talk or make a random sound. Right after I do, she makes the sound right back. Sometimes when I say "hello" the sound she makes sounds just like the word. It's so freaking cute. I did this over skype with my brother Brian watching and it brought him to tears. Tender stuff indeed.

Speaking of Brian, my family and I will soon be going out there to see him. We leave in March. We'll be spending some time at his place in Virginia Beach, and then a couple days in D.C. I've never been to D.C. before, and I am excited to be the tourist I am. I am also looking forward to how well Jill and I do with a baby in the airport, on a plane, and 3,000 miles away from home. Wish us luck, or send us any tips you'd like to share!


1 comment:

Michelle said...

If Lucy cries on the plane it's because she hasn't figured out how to pressurize her ears yet. Anything you can do to get her to open her mouth as wide as possible should help.

Fun Fact: 7 pounds of fat = 24,500 calories cut out of your diet from not eating fast food.