Thursday, March 26, 2009

I HATE MLB 09 - Worst Game of the Year!

Oh my GOD this game is garbage. I love baseball. I am an avid video game player. I have bought some version of a baseball game for the past 15 years. Never more have I been so annoyed and frustrated with a stupid baseball game. The pitching is horrible. If you time the release just right, it still doesn't throw the ball where you aimed it. The batting is stupid. The computer AI is unfair. I purposely made a team full of All-Stars and played a team of minor league dudes and I still lost 8-1. Nothing about this game is fun at all. And no, it is not that I just suck at this game, I kicked butt on last years version and I have always been great at baseball games. This one is just flawed and stupid. I have played 10 games now and am 1-9. I will never play this piece of garbage again. I want to SCREAM!!!!!! Damn waste of $60!!!!!!

3 comments:

Erik from Connecticut said...

Dude I totally know your pain. I created a really good Pittsburgh team...and still used Matt Capps as a closer. In MLB08 he was awesome...and in MLB09 his stats are still awesome. I started a season and played the Cards. In one game I scratched back from 3-0 to tie it...in the 9th, he gives up a triple, thanks to the AI outfielder diving for no good reason, next batter single up the middle. Next game...same triple BS happens AGAIN! Next batter I throw an outside slider, that goes WAY inside and hits the guy, next batter homerun...1st pitch. I sucked it up, and did another game. I was rolling then of course the 9th comes. Capps with full energy, first pitch, way outside fastball...single up the middle. I finally managed to get 2 out...runners on 1st and 3rd. I get an 1-2 count and I throw a fastball way inside, in real life if someone swung they would have shattered their forearms...but not in MLB09...oh now...3-run walk off win for the cards. The game and the case very quickly became a pile of pieces on my living room floor. I agree, completely frustrating and a waste of $60...and I have not even gotten the credit card bill for it yet. What a piece of crap.

Anonymous said...

.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you guys. The game cheats so badly and it seems like the outcomes are scripted. One of the most annoying things is how the computer's leadoff guy always manages to foul off several pitches and if you are lucky enough to get him out, your pitcher just threw 12 pitches and is already losing energy. Then the game starts squeezing the strikezone on you and you are suddenly throwing on a 2-0 count. Then the computer's batter smokes the next pitch into the outfield past your slow moving outfielders. Then the computer puts on a hit/walk parade because your pitcher's control meter swings faster than Hugh Hefner at an orgy. Then once you finally get back to hitting, every ball is a pop up or fly ball. Guessing the right pitch and location is useless because it just means a hard grounder or high fly out.