Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fenway Park

Anybody who knows anything about baseball knows that Fenway Park in Boston is hallowed grounds. Fenway Park opened in 1912 and not a whole lot has changed there since. The park is known for its funny shape, small capacity, the green monster, and lately, Championships. This is the same place legends from this game once stood, such as Ted Williams and Babe Ruth. In today's game full of modern stadiums with comfy leg room and perfect views, Fenway stands out from its counterparts. This summer I am making my way to Boston and I just purchased tickets to see the Redsox play the Texas Rangers. I am so excited to spend time in this legendary park. It will be a great experience and I will cheerish the time there. However, my fat butt will probably be happier when it sits in the new, bigger, comfy chairs in the New York Mets stadium, Citi Field that will be in its first season open this year. It will be cool that in a matter of days I'll be sitting in the oldest ball park in the country, and then just days latter, I'll be in the newest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far I have only been outside of (and walked all the way around) Fenway, but in May (the weekend before y'all come out actually) I'm going there to see Dave Matthews Band!!! I'm pumped. :-)

Suzie said...

Wow, I must be psychic or something. I was uh stalking (reading) your wifes blog and she was asking for suggestions for your trip. Baseball was my answer. Bottle it for me... the smell, the sound, all of it. Bring it back with you or at least a sox t shirt!