Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Work and love

Lucille Joy Mabey has now been home for 18 days. I've been off work for 6 of them. That means I have been at work two thirds of the time my baby girl has been home. I am, in my own little way, growing a bit jealous that my wife gets to watch Lucy's evolution so closely while I'm stuck at work. Everyday it seems my little "pumpkin seed" is awake a little longer, smiles a little more, and her personality gets a little deeper. And I miss out. Now I'm not upset that Jill gets to experience it over me, I'm just jealous that I'm not there to share in it all. But I want to provide for my sweet girl, so off to work I go, yet I leave my heart at home.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

I so wish you could be here, too. But we are so grateful for all you provide for us! You're an amazing husband and father and we are so lucky to have you!