Sunday, January 2, 2011

Due Date

So this is it. This is my last night being just Matt the husband. Tomorrow morning Jill and I check into the hospital and I'll soon become Matt the dad! I can't believe I am just hours away from my life changing forever. It's a very weird feeling after 30 years to know that life will be so much more than what it is now. Every single choice I make from here on out will be different because of the different ramifications. No longer can I just run off with my wife to Vegas for the weekend. I can't randomly spend money and stupid new tech toys. Am I sad I can't do that anymore? Not really. I've wanted to be a dad for so long, that giving up those things are more than worth it. But it will be different. I've lived a selfish adult life, and now it's time to be selfless.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Very well said. I agree. We are becoming three!

Michelle said...

I'm so excited to come home and meet her!