Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Old Faces

I've been floating around at my bank job. Covering branches all over the valley and even up to Park City. The really fun and nervous thing for me in doing these shifts have been that I have covered branches that are located inside the grocery stores I have been working in. I've covered the Sandy store where I managed for the past 5 years. I've covered the store in West Valley where I decided to step down at. I've also covered the current grocery store I have been working at part time, and am returning to soon. It's been weird seeing so many familiar faces, but from the other side of the fence. It was weird working in West Valley and seeing those folk, but it didn't really bother me. Working in my current store was just kind of funny. However, working in the store that I managed for all those years was kind of hard. I miss those people. Many of them I consider my friends. I miss running that store.

It had its moments, but I am a prideful man, and I took pride in that place, and the staff. Now watching someone else do my job is just weird. I know I made the right choice stepping down. I know I made the right choice in trying the bank. I also know I made the right choice in taking a job back with the grocery store so I can be with my daughter more. The thing that is hard is that I didn't choose to leave this store. I was transferred because I was told the West Valley store needed me and I HAD to go. I never got to say goodbye to these people the way I wanted. I miss the conversations with Tyler, my boss. I miss the laughs I had daily with the likes of Arlie, Ashlee, and Travis. I miss being the "big brother" to many kids. I miss the endless geek talk with Geoff, Bobby, and Ben. I miss them all.

Life is a journey, and the past few months have been strange indeed. Luckily though I have this chance to see so many wonderful faces at my old store. I didn't expect to be back in this store, especially on the other side of the counter, but I'm going to make the most of it. Two shifts with my friends and then it's on to the next chapter, this time by my choice.

No comments: