Monday, October 10, 2011

First Kiss

The other night my baby was a bit restless. When she gets fussy or wiggly we put her in front of a mirror. She loves talking to her reflection more than anything else. Huge smiles and glowing eyes happen every time she locks eyes with the girl in the mirror. When she is close enough to the mirror she tries to kiss the baby (bey-ba in Lu speak). Mommy was holding her and we were laughing at how cute she was being. I then leaned in and gave them a hug. When I leaned in, little Lu tilted her head and gave me a kiss on the corner of my mouth, just like she does to her reflection. She has never kissed back, let alone gave a kiss herself. I was so shocked and happy at the same time, all I could do was cry. This is one of the happiest moments of my life and I'll never forget it.

No comments: