Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy Post


I realize that I have been posting quite a few sad, angry, or depressing posts lately. I'm actually a fairly happy person, I just use this as a forum to get things off my chest. It's therapeutic. With that said, for every boo-hoo blog I write I need to write a couple happy posts to help counterbalance things. So on with the non-pissy stuff!

Baby Lucille is a riot! She now claps and actually says "yay" when doing so. It's so funny. She gives the best smiles every time I come home from work. What makes these smiles even better is seeing her two front teeth that have come in. Poor thing has been a bit cranky during teething, but overall I think she's handled it great. She's so strong and she lefts herself up all the time. She tries so hard to just get up and run. I really think this girl is going to skip the crawling stage and jump directly into sprinting!

We hit up the state fair last week. It rained all day, but it was still fun. We took Lucy and when she wasn't snoozing, she was having fun. One of the carnival vendors thought she was cute and gave her a Utah Jazz hat he was selling. We ate delicious food and just enjoyed our friends and the atmosphere. The next morning Jill, Lucy, and I went to the Tracy Aviary at Liberty Park. Lucy enjoyed seeing all the birds and we shared the perfect morning as a family!

Last night I sold my scooter. I really wanted it when I bought it, but I just never had the time to really use it. The guy that bought it off me will get much more use out of it then I did. With it being sold I have downsized my toy collection quite a bit. I guess it's just one more step towards being a functioning adult.

In two weeks I am going to be the best-man at Brian A. and Rachel's wedding! It's an honor to be selected to be apart of their day. I hope only the best for these two dear friends. I have another friend who is planning on getting married next year and he also asked if I'd be his best-man. I'm excited to take part in that wedding because this mystery friend has been apart of my life longer than anyone else that isn't actual family. For those of you who know who I am talking about, just know I don't know if he has formally announced it yet, so keep quiet! ;)

No comments: