Sunday, June 12, 2011

I'll be ok...


My brother Keven insisted I come play some golf with him. He had just bought some new clubs. So after I finished working and hanging with Lucy and Jill, I went down to Mulligan's to hit some balls. We played for a few hours and right as we were leaving he called me over to his car. He wanted to talk to me about my last blog. He was concerned. He also said a bunch of family or friends (he wouldn't give up names) were worried about me.

I'm sad. I have been for a long time. Sometimes people medicate with alcohol, sometimes people seek out therapy. I deal with my issues through writing, music, and blowing Nazi heads off in video games. As I had no desire to play Xbox, I put my hurt down in words and even associated it with a song.

I am fine, I really am. Nothing dramatic. No cries for help. I'm just sad, confused and hurt. I put it on "paper" to try to set my mind free for the night. Unfortunately it's a problem that doesn't have a solution, or at least one I want. I don't know how to get over it, but I do appreciate all the concern (even if you were anonymous). Keven is a good man and an even better brother.

Well, today I leave for Virginia. I am very excited to see Brian, even if it isn't for as long as planned. I'm excited to be away from work for as long as I am. But I am not looking forward to being away from Lucy and Jill. I even shed a few tears this morning while playing with Lucy. She's such a good baby. She is so happy and smiles all the time. I'm just kind of worried that after four days away (I know that isn't too long, but...) that she'll not recognize me and we'll have to learn how to re bond. I'm sure I am overreacting, but it is a legitimate concern.

Well, I have to finish packing my carry on items and get ready for my flight. Depending on internet connections and time, I may blog about my experience alone in DC. As for now know that I really am ok, except for the part about leaving my baby behind...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet you that when you come home from your trip, Lucy will smile when she sees you!!! :) By the way, that picture of her is so cute!!! She is adorable!