Friday, April 24, 2009

Vegas for FREE

A couple of days ago my buddy Andrew came running in to my store. He was jumping up and down and doing a dance that looked a lot like a stick figure caught in a mosh pit. He keep saying "You need to get next weekend off! Tell me you can get next weekend off"! After calming him down some he let me know that his father scored 4 FREE tickets to see the Manny Pacquiao VS Ricky Hatton Championship Boxing Fight at the MGM Grand on May 2nd. Also included were two FREE rooms at the New York New York Hotel (which if you've read my reviews of Vegas hotels, is one that I have yet to stay at). I had to pull some major strings to go as I had already planned to take a few days off to get away with Jill in Logan. Trust me, no matter how excited I am to go to Vegas, I would not have given up the trip with Jill to make Vegas happen! So, just to get an idea of what we were getting for FREE, we looked up the tickets to the fight (which is sold out) and found that tickets run from $3,000 to $150. I'm not sure where we are sitting but as you can see the tickets aren't cheap. I also looked up rooms for that weekend and the cheapest room at NYNY is $250 a night. So take two rooms at two nights and there is another $1,000 in free FUN! I am so excited to see this Championship fight in person! I'm not much of a boxing fan, but Andrew is and he has had me watch a few events with him. Manny Pacquiao is the pound-for-pound number 1 fighter in the world, so I know this is going to be real fun! Thanks Andrew! Oh yeah, my brother Keven gets to come too! The only drawback is that my Jillybean has to work that weekend. She gave me the ok to go, just as long as I don't eat at Mario Batali's without her :)

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Yeah, no Mario's without me....or I'll make you eat your own shoe. All of it. Laces and all. ;)

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad Jill. Not only do I not get to go either, I have t spend the weekend studying for my finals.
Stupid boys. >:(

I mean...
Have lots of fun Matt!! :D

~Michelle