Monday, April 6, 2009

Jerry Sloan and John Stockton

So I already have to go against my word and attend the next Jazz game. Jerry Sloan and John Stockton were both inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame. I am going to attend the Jazz game on Saturday and give Jerry Sloan a very loud ovation! Just because the boys on the team have no heart, it is in no way a reflection on Jerry himself. As for John Stockton, I can not say enough words to describe the impact he had on my childhood. Some kids grow up and have hero's such as Superman, or Batman. I had Stockton and Karl Malone. Anyone who knew me as a little boy and even as the man child I am today, they know that I grew up cheering the greatest point guard in NBA history. Congratulations Jerry and John and thank you for all the sweet memories!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were watching the baseball opening games yesterday and ESPN kept saying John Stockton was being inducted into the Hall of Fame. Everyone here was like "Who is that?" and I was like "HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO THAT IS!?! He's only the record holder for leading assists and no one is ever going to catch him!"
He's pretty much the reason I have been number 12 in any sport I play since I was like seven.

~Michelle