Saturday, June 2, 2012

Cutting loose ties

So I've stepped away from here so I wouldn't say anything to get me into any trouble with certain people. I've kept quiet and hoped that things would work out for the best. But here I am, many months after promising not to say anything that may hurt feelings, and I still haven't had any contact with these people I care about. My daughter is 17 months old and still doesn't know them. I'm done caring. I'm done hoping for reconciliation. I just hope that you are happy in your life, because I know I am happy in mine. I don't think about you daily anymore, and I have enough people who look out for my family and I. I didn't think it possible, but life has been easier without you. You've moved on, and finally, years later, I have too.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Good for you.

Jillian said...

I am SO proud of you. You are doing what is best for you, for us, and most of all, our daughter. <3

the Sorensen's said...

I know exactly what your feeling and going through. I've had to do the same thing with my family - it's def not easy, but my "lil" family is what is now important in life and I'd do whatever it takes to make and keep us happy. Good luck!!!