Friday, January 9, 2009

Knee Injury Update

So I went to the Orthopedic Surgeon today and had him look at my knee. After pulling and pushing, bending and tweaking, the Dr. told me that he thinks that my ACL isn't the problem and that it actually feels pretty strong. He says the problem is either bone damage as in a deep bruise or fracture, or that I may have a torn meniscus. He then told me he was going to give me a shot in my knee. For those who know me, you know I have a huge fear of needles. But since I am tired of this pain and limping around I told him to "BRING IT ON". The shot consisted of a steroid, an anti-inflammatory, and some pain medicine. It hurt like crazy and now my knee feels heavy and warm, but hopefully it will bring down the swelling. But thanks to the build up of fluid in my knee, when he pulled out the massively long needle, my knee began to "gush" as my Dr. said. Nice, eh? Anyhow, now I play the waiting game. He wants me to wait six weeks and see if the shot and time will heal my knee. If not, or if the knee keeps slipping I'll have to go back and have an MRI to look for meniscus damage. Keep your fingers crossed that with time my knee will heal without surgery.

No comments: