Monday, October 8, 2012

New surroundings


This time next week I'll be sleeping in my bed, with my blanket, next to my wife. However, the feeling will be much different. Jill and I are moving out of the condo that we've called home for around 5 years, to a new, much bigger place.

I've lived in the Salt Lake valley for about 28 of my 32 years on this planet. It's going to be very weird crossing down into Utah county. Though it will be a little familiar, I did live in Lehi for 6-8 months with my Dad when I was in 9th grade. However, since that time Lehi has gone from around 10,000 people, to over 50,000. Technically, we'll be in Saratoga Springs, but it's pretty much the same thing.

I'm excited to move out, not excited to move. Moving has to be the worst thing. Packing up all your junk, lifting the heaviest things you could imagine, and living for a few days or weeks in a land of cardboard boxes. Hopefully we'll be in our new place so we won't have to do this again for a while.

Lucy loves the new place. It's has three levels and she's very found of climbing up and down stairs. The room she is moving into has safari animals painted on the walls and she loves looking at the "kitties and effalents".

Once we move in I'll write a blog about the new home and about all the notable things that have happened around here lately. But as of right now I'm a little overwhelmed by it all and it will have to wait.




No comments: